Yield - Approximately 1/2 ounce
Time - 5 minutes to make; a bit more time to cool
- clean container with lid
- small microwaveable or heat resistant cup or bowl
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter, grated
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil (may substitute almond oil or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon light sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon petroleum jelly (optional: use to make gloss more solid or to add more shine)
Mix all of the ingredients in a cup or bowl.
Rest the container inside of a larger container of very hot (not boiling) water.
Stir the ingredients together until they are melted.
Pour the mixture into a small container with lid (lip gloss containers are commercially available).
Smooth the gloss onto lips, either to be worn alone or to add shine over lipstick.